Monday, August 23, 2004

Banging My Head On The Wall

I sat down to do some more on Alhambra Garden this afternoon, and it struck me how small the stitches looked. I did a quick stitch count, and lo and behold there were 18 to the inch - my supposedly 32 count linen is actually 36 count! Aaaagghhh!!! There is a big panel of solid beads in the middle of the design and they just wouldn't fit on 36! I couldn't rest, it would bug me too much so I jumped in the car and drove 30 miles to the only not-so-LNS within coo-ee that opens on a Sunday. Onto Alhambra Mark 2 :o(

2 comments:

Gill said...

Oh No! I hope you hadn't done too much stitching before you had to abandon it.

Mindy said...

I hope not, too. I think you made the right decision, though. Cramming in all those beads would have been a pain and this way it won't be bothering you the whole time. That's such a pretty design. I'm looking forward to seeing you finish it :-)