Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Not Keeping Stuff!!

I'm getting quite frustrated about our application to emigrate to OZ. It's not our agent's fault, I hate to say it but it's my Parent's. According to our agent it should be easy - I grew up there, all my family still live there etc. etc. The problem is my parents kept NOTHING in the way of documentation to prove I was actually there. I was only 19 when I came to the UK so I have my docs from then, basically a passport issued in Sydney that says I was a resident, and my School Certificate, but I would have been on my Mums passport during my childhood,and they should have old school reports and such. Nada. Not a sausage. As my Dad says:- "who keeps old passports and stuff?" Pardon?? I thought EVERYBODY did! I really didn't want to get into an argument with him and my agent said if we gave him dates for stuff he can get the information he needs from the National Archive. Guess what? Mum & Dad can't remember dates either - the ones they gave me were wildly inaccurate. I'm feeling really frustrated about this, they seem to think the Dept. of Immigration should just take my word for it, and Dad actually said I should fire my agent for being too fussy! Thank goodness for my older brother, at least he has his head screwed on. He's only a couple of years older than me but he does remember some useful dates (accurately!)
Fingers crossed my agent can finally get this sorted now!

Rant over for today! :o) I've been chugging away on Alhambra Mark 2 for a couple of days and it's coming along nicely. The colours in it are just stunning. Dare I say it though, it isn't the easiest chart in the world to follow. Some of the symbols are just SO similar it's easy to confuse them, and some on the chart are difficult to make out at all. I don't think it would put me off stitching another Chatelaine though, the designs are just too pretty!

I bought another chart yesterday, bad girl that I am. There was a thread on the TWBB asking which TWs everyone wanted to start, and answering it made me realise just how many designs I do want to stitch (not to mention how many I have! ;o)) Now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff I want to start. I can understand how some people end up with loads of WIPs, but I'm trying hard to stick to just a couple. I need to clone myself a few times and set them to stitching around the clock LOL!

No comments: