Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Question of the Week...

Do you feel cross stitching requires patience?

Ummm...no. Not patience as such. If it did, I certainly wouldn't be doing it! I have no patience whatsoever. Zip. Nada. I always want everything yesterday, in fact in the early days of my marriage it used to drive DH nuts, but he's grown accustomed to it by now. People comment all the time, "you must have a lot of patience" or tell me they wouldn't have the patience for it. But when I stitch, I tend to be very 'in the moment' with it. I'm not thinking how much more I have to do, or how long it will take, I just take it as it comes. Also, it gives me something to do with my hands - I cannot bear to sit and do nothing in front of the TV or whatever. However... whilst all this is true for most of the project, it's a whole different ball game when the end hoves into sight. Then my chronic impatience kicks in and I work on it like a demon until it's done because I can't wait to see it finished and I can't wait to start the next one!

3 comments:

Butterfly Amy said...

Your answer is almost exactly like mine :)

And I also have to be doing something while watching TV.

Faith Ann said...

I'm the same way! I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm just watching TV but if my hands are doing something then I'm okay. (I also get the typical patience comment when non-stitchers see my work.)

adminsupervisor said...

Hey Gill, you have a great blog here. Question of the Week... caught my eye and I thought I would put a post on it. I'm looking for help.

The site I have is a work at home mums site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway I was on your site looking for ways to help my business. I'm really looking for ways of building better rapport between recruits.

Anyways Gill thanks for the great blog. I'll just have to carry on my search till I find what I'm looking for. Take care.