Monday, August 09, 2004

Spooky....

There is a tradition in my family that my great great grandmother was a witch. I'm not too sure it's true, but I would hazard a guess that she had a good dollop of the family 'talent' (for want of a better word) for premonitions etc. Only in the female line, oddly enough, and it has mostly passed me by, with a couple of notable exceptions. My sister certainly has it. It first appeared when she was about 5 years old, and my dad and my younger brother were out fishing one night in their boat. (This was in Australia BTW). About midnight my sister awoke screaming that their boat had been hit by a shark. Mum assumed it was a bad dream and soothed her back to sleep, but next morning when the guys got home they had a tale to tell about something very large hitting the boat and nearly capsizing it...around midnight! Strange stuff. It's always about stuff that's personal to us, no big disasters or anything, and no good on lottery numbers either LOL! Mum did have a premonition that I would get a sudden marriage proposal from a military man, and that I should accept. A few weeks later I met my now DH, who was in the RAF at the time. After just 6 weeks he proposed, I accepted and it was the best decision I ever made. Mum was spot on.

No comments: