Thursday, August 26, 2004

What happened to summer...?

I can't tell you how fed up I am with this terrible summer we've been having. It'll be autumn soon and I don't feel like we've had summer yet. All we've had is a few glimmers of sunshine between torrential downpours. I hate cold weather so I feel a bit cheated after spending all winter looking forward to the sunshine and then heading into autumn again without having seen any! The kids have been stuck indoors most of the time, which means they're watching TV or playing on their Gameboys instead of playing outdoors.

We've taken the car into the garage again. It's only two years old, we bought it new but we've had nothing but trouble with it. Mostly annoying stuff like electric windows not working. The engine has developed a worrying squealing noise, but it seems to stop every time we take it in to be investigated. This is the 4th time we've taken it in for this problem and they just can't seem to resolve it. We definately won't be buying another Ford! I think the time has come to trade the darn thing in on something else - I for one can't wait to be rid of it!

No comments: