Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Why can't I stop?

I think I have a serious illness, I really do. I have acute Stash Sickness. This morning I received my kit for Chatelaine's Alhambra Garden, it's absolutely gorgeous, beautifully presented. Lots of sparkly crystals, delica beads, silk threads... you would think that would keep me happy for a while, wouldn't you? So what am I doing this evening? Emailing a fellow stitcher about some stash she has for sale. I just can't seem to get a grip. I think it harks back to a few years ago when stash was hard to come by, we had no money and no LNS nearby anyway. I have a subconscious urge to hoard my pretties against the lean times.

We've had a lot of trouble with an Ebay seller the last couple of weeks. DH won an auction for a remote control car. We sent off the payment, postal orders as requested in the listing, sent recorded delivery. And then silence...no answers to emails, Ebay gave us the sellers' phone number, no answer... eventually DH sent a stroppy email threatening to lodge a fraud complaint, which finally elicited an answer, denying having received payment and saying she'd been out of the country. Why put something up for auction knowing you would be away??? And according to the Post Office, the letter with payment was received and signed for the day after I sent it! DH pointed this out, and quoted the reference number from the Post Office. Finally this morning we had a rather terse email saying the postie had 'just' brought our payment (funny that!) and she will send the car. I'm not sure if she's a dishonest seller that has been caught out because of the evidence we presented her, or just plain stupid. Watch this space.......

2 comments:

Trish said...

The urge to hoard stash is so common among cross stitchers. If it makes you feel better to have an explanation, go for it, but there really isn't one. LOL! I have enough to stitch for the next 20 years! I still plan to buy more...

How about a link to where you keep scans/pics of your finished works and WIPs???

Great blog! I'll be back!

Hugs

Trish

Mindy said...

I agree with Trish! I don't know why, but we stitchers tend to just buy and buy even though we know we can't possibly finish it in our lifetimes. I have enough Mirabilias, L&Ls and TWs to keep me busy forever, nevermind the Just Nans and others I have and that I plan on buying some Chatelaines and Passione Ricamos. It's a sickness for sure, but one you share with many :-)