Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Er...what do you do again? Stitching Blogger's QOTW

How do you explain cross stitch to non-cross stitching people? Do they get it or do they say “Oh, right.. you do knitting then (or sewing, or needlepoint)"?

Actually, I rarely talk about it to people who don't know me well. And people who know me have either seen me doing it or have seen the results adorning my walls, so no explanation is necessary. On the odd occasion I do talk about it, its because someone has asked what hobbies I have or something along those lines, and in that instance I usually just say I do needlework. I find it's pointless going into details, if they are stitchers they know what cross stitch is, and if they aren't they are not generally all that interested in specifics. I do find though that many people are fascinated when they see it. My friends daughter describes it as 'pictures made of kisses' which I think is really cute.


3 comments:

Faith Ann said...

This comment has nothing to do with today's blog...sorry. I just clicked on the link to your album from one of your posts on the Mira BB (I didn't want to comment there, because I thought it might be rude to detract from the original poster's subject)...

Anyway, I *love* your Celtic Autumn conversion. I've never seen it before and it is absolutely beautiful. I think it's one of the nicest conversions I've ever seen! It's stunning, you should be very proud.

Gill said...

Thanks very much Faith Anne!

Cat said...

"My friends daughter describes it as 'pictures made of kisses' which I think is really cute."

That is one of the most precious things I've ever heard! How sweet. :)