Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hi ho, hi ho...

I have been very naughty and neglected my blog. DH has a fortnight off work so I've not been spending so much time on the laptop - well that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

So, what's been happening? The answer is not much - apart from missing my sister's hen night because of a flat tyre. Not my idea of a fun night out!

I had to do a lot of frogging on Spring Fairy's wing last night because I missed a row and it threw the whole wing off. Grrrr...darned froggies, where's the blender when you need it? I'm putting off redoing all that blending filament, so I've been stitching some ornaments. I'm really enjoying doing them actually - they're a lot of fun to do, plus I get to display them which can be be a bit of a problem with the bigger pieces due to the high cost of framing and seriously diminishing wall space!

Oh boy, I need to go on the wagon. Christmas is a'coming and I need to stop spending all my money on stash and start using up some of what I have. I've had a couple of drawers collapse under the weight in my stash closet ( I kid ye not!) so I think it's a sign that it's time to curb my enthusiasm. Apart from my FOTM of course, I mean lets not get carried away here ;o)

4 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I'm with you on the wagon! I've been somewhat stash crazy this year and I have to STOP! I can't seem to get it under control...as soon as I resolve to stop buying stuff, I'm in a store surrounded by goodies. Usually, after I buy a lot of stuff I go for a long time without buying...but I don't seem to be slowing down.

Ok. I'm going to resolve here and now...I'm not buying any more stash until after Christmas. Only 2 exceptions: my 40% off SMF order, possibly the new Mira (which maybe I'll convince DH to buy me for Christmas if I like it).

Good luck with your attempt to control stash! It sounds like you need as much luck as I do!

Gill said...

Faith Ann, I forgot about the new Mira!! I might just have to make an exception for that too! LOL!

Mindy said...

Yeah, I think I'm going on the wagon, too. The only exceptions are materials I need to finish various gifts between now and February, but I think I've already bought most of that so it really shouldn't be an issue. That Mirabilia is probably going to be a huge temptation for me, but I figure it will still be there when I'm off the wagon.

Knowing me, I'll get off the wagon in February then go crazy and spend more money than I would have if I had just bought little by little earlier LOL!

Gina said...

Hi Gill
I am joining you on the wagon - I have ordered some more chatelaines and that will be it until next year. Even though I am seriously tempted by a couple of Lanartes....