Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Jinxed!

I am really starting to believe Alhambra Garden is jinxed, that I am not meant to stitch it. As you may know, I spilled Dr Pepper all over the fabric, and then, after I started I found the fabric count was wrong. Would you believe, now that I have done too much to consider starting again, the new fabric is starting to tear at the edges when I wind it tight on my floor frame! I have had to remove it from the frame and put it in a hoop until my Q-snaps arrive from the US. I really dislike using a hoop, so it's very slow progress at the moment. Perhaps I should just bow to destiny and give up?

I've been reading a book called 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time', about a boy with Asperger Syndrome (a form of autism). As some of you know, my eldest son has Aspergers, and the boy in the book is eerily like him. Actually I am really pleased about this book, most people have no idea what Aspergers is or what it involves, and it is hard to explain, but the Curious Incident has been on wide release so many more people will now understand.

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

I have a friend whose teenage daugher has Aspergers. I had never heard of it until her daughter was diagnosed. I'm really interested in the book you mentioned...I'll have to check out Amazon.

Wow, I've never had fabric tear! That's awful! I hope your Q snaps arrive soon and you like working with them. I love them and don't use anything else for my stitching. I have a lap stand that the Q-snaps fit into perfectly.