Monday, October 11, 2004

All over bar the shouting....

I've found myself having to compete for my own laptop this last week. DH bought it for me when I started taking an interest, basically so he could reclaim his PC. The trouble is DD has now discovered CBBC, the BBC's childrens website, which has a BB for kids and games and such, and now she's constantly mithering me to go on it. Every time I sit down with my 'pooter she's hovering at my elbow willing me to get off! LOL! Something must be done - this won't do at all! Now I know how DH felt when I started haunting the BBs. I think the solution may be the same. DH works for BAR Honda F1 team, and it's looking highly likely that we'll finish 2nd in the championship, in which case we can expect a big bonus. If it pans out as we hope DD might be getting a computer of her very own for her birthday in November.

PT is getting close to a finish! I'm well into the backstitch and hopefully I'll have it finished this week. My stitching light blew last night though which slowed me down somewhat, I'll have to try to get a replacement today but it has a non-standard bulb so it might be difficult. I can't believe I've nearly finished it - it feels like the end of an era! Seriously. This birdy has been a WIP since before my daughter was born and it's been hovering around in the background of my life all that time,through good times and bad, like an old friend. And in a few days it will be over. It feels kind of sad in a way, but happy too. Does that make any sense at all or am I just strange?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I know what you mean about having to share computers. All three of my DDs are very computer-inclined and are always doing something on my laptop! What you should do is get YOU a brand-new one and give yours to DD! ;) I can't wait to see that finished PT! I know it will be stunning!

Terri said...

My biggest stitching fear is my lighting blowing out! LOL

Anonymous said...

Gill, you're atrange, but it's a good kind of strange =)

~ Kate