Saturday, October 30, 2004

I officially exist....hurray!

I can't remember if I've mentioned before, but our application to return to Oz depends on me proving I spent my formative years over there. This has been hampered by the fact that my parents didn't keep any records at all..nada..not a sausage. No old passports, school reports..you get the idea. So, our immigration agent has had someone trawling through all the old hand written immigration records trying to find proof of my going to and exiting Australia. A task made much more difficult by the fact that Mum & Dad are a bit vague about dates, which means whichever poor soul had to do it has had to trawl through thousands and thousands of documents. It was all looking a bit grim as this has been dragging on for weeks without success. Well, today I got an e-mail confirming that they've finally located me in the records!!!Yaaaay! This makes our application a lot more viable! I can't wait to tell DH when he phones again.

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

Congratulations!! What a relief for you!

There needs to be a happy medium...my parents kept waaaay too much stuff from when I was younger.