Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A muddy day for DD

DD had an 'outdoors' day at school today. I'm not sure what the point of it was, but basically they pitched tents in the playing field of the school and spent the day doing outdoorsy things. They couldn't have picked a worse day for it as it's been grey, cold and drizzly and they all came home soaked through and mud splattered, their faces covered in camoflage paint. DD hated every minute of it, which is odd really as she's a real tomboy in a lot of ways so I thought she might enjoy it. She came home and jumped straight in the bath without passing go.

Mum and Dad are flying back to OZ tonight. They didn't want anyone to go to the airport with them because the long farewells just upset everyone. Mum got upset anyway, which then upset me. I hope it's not too long before we can join them out there and we don't have to go through this any more.

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

I don't think I'd handle that good-bye very well either. My parents are only a 3-hour drive away and it still bothers me to see them leave after a visit...and I get to see them often.

Hopefully you'll get all your papers in order soon...it seems like such a weird situation that you can't return to the country you are *from*!