Wednesday, November 17, 2004

62 Things About Me

I borrowed this blog idea (hope you don't mind Faith Ann!)

1) What is your first name? Gillian

2) Were you named after anyone? No, my Mum wanted to call me Giselle, and Dad wanted to call me Jennifer, somehow I ended up with Gillian.

3) Do you wish on stars? Occasionally

4) When did you last cry? I can't remember, but probably some soppy film.

5) Do you like your handwriting? I used to, but a few years back I severed a tendon in my hand, and although the surgeon managed to restore it to 99% use I now find writing uncomfortable and my handwriting shows it.

6) What is your favorite lunch meat? Chicken

7) What is your birth date? June 29th

8) What is your most embarrassing CD? An old Wet Wet Wet album

9) If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Yes.

10) Are you a daredevil? I can be, I rarely back off from a challenge unless it's just plain stupid.

11) Do looks matter? Not to me personally but I think they do to society as a whole.

12) How do you release anger? DH says I'm like a fizzing nuclear bomb - I have a very long fuse but when I go off I'm like a WMD!

13) Where is your second home? I suppose my parents place but since they live at the opposite side of the world...

14) Do you trust others easily? Warily perhaps

15) What was your favorite toy as a child? Not a toy, but I loved my drawing stuff.

16) What class in high school was totally useless? Chemistry - I learned absolutely nothing, but that could be because we spent most of the lesson cringing at the lecherous Chemistry teacher.

17) Do you have a journal? You're reading it!

18) Do you use sarcasm a lot? Not often

19) What are your nicknames? I've never had one (that I'm aware of!)

20) Would you bungee jump? NO! (see question 10)

21) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I don't wear lace-up shoes.

22) Do you think that you are strong? Emotionally yes, physically no.

23) What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I'm not keen on ice-cream, but I like frozen yoghurt - any flavour but especially mango.

24) Bush or Kerry? Neither, I'm not American

25) Pen or pencil? either

26) Football or basketball? I don't follow either

27) Shoe size? UK 6

28) Red or pink? Red

29) What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My weight

30) Who do you miss most? My Mum, she lives in Australia so I rarely see her.

31) What color pants are you wearing? I presume you mean pants in the American sense? Blue jeans. My pants in the UK sense are non of your business LOL

32) What are you listening to right now? My dog snoring

33) What was the last thing you ate? An Orange flavoured yoghurt

34) If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Lavender

35) What is the weather like right now? Mild and overcast

36) Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? My stepdaughter

38) The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? height

39) Do you like the person who sent this to you? Nobody sent it to me, but I like the person who's blog I borrowed it from.

40) What is your favorite drink? Ice cold skimmed milk

41) Favorite sport? I'm not sporty at all, but I watch F1 because DH works for an F1 team and occasionally I get to see him on the TV!

42) Would you rather sing or dance in public? Dance - my dog sings better than I do! ;o)

43) What will you be on Halloween? I don’t do Halloween

44) Do you wear contacts? No, I tried them once but I can't wear soft contacts and I found the hard ones uncomfortable

45) Pet peeve? There's a new one every day LOL

46) Goal in life? My short term goal is to move back to Australia, long term I want to see my kids turn into happy, well adjusted adults.

47) Last movie you watched? On TV, Bridget Jones' Diary, I haven't been to the cinema for ages, so that was probably either LOTR Return of the King or Matrix 3

48) Favorite day of the year? Christmas Day.

49) Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.

50) Summer or winter? Definately Summer - I hate the cold.

51) Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

52) Mountains or the beach? I like to be near the coast (although I now live about as far from it as you can get in the UK) so I suppose I'd have to say beach, but I've never been a 'beach babe' LOL I do like the mountains too though.

53) What is your favorite dessert? I rarely eat dessert, but if you twist my arm I'd have to say profiteroles

54) Living arrangements? I live in a 4 bedroom detached house with DH, our 2 children and sometimes my eldest son, also a dog, a cat and 2 goldfish!

55) What books are you reading? 'Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke, and 'The Taming of the Dragon - Edward I and the conquest of Wales' by W.B. Bartlett

56) What’s on your mouse pad? Nothing - it's plain red.

57) Who was your first true love? DH. It was only when I met him that I realised what True Love really meant.

58) What did you watch last night on TV? The news and an episode of Father Ted.

59) Favorite smells? Baking bread, Chanel No.5, the smell of the sea.

60) Rolling Stones or the Beatles? The Beatles

61) Do you believe in evolution or creation? Both (talk about having my cake and eating it! LOL!)

62) What’s the furthest you’ve been from home? I've been around the world a couple of times so just stick a pin in a map!

3 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I don't mind at all Gill! I enjoyed reading your answers.

Sam said...

Does your list of favourite smells mean that you are also a Chanel No.5 wearer??! Lol... Gill I wish you'd stop copying me!!!! ;oD I enjoyed reading your answers too.

Gill said...

LOL! Sam, I started wearing Chanel No.5 in 1978. Who's copying who?