Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Disturbing developments

I've just heard rather disturbing news about my cousin's death. Despite what we were initially told, on the death certificate it merely gives the cause as 'premature death' and she was buried with indecent haste before her father or siblings could get over there. The reason for the rushed burial is unclear as they were supposed to wait for something called a 'no objection' certificate from the British Embassy in Cairo, and they didn't. Now the Foreign Office have got involved because 'premature death' is not an acceptable explanation. Everyone is being very cagey and evasive, including her husband. The whole affair looks very suspicious indeed. My uncle is just a mess at the moment so my father is having to deal with the foreign office on his behalf. What a horrible, horrible business. :o(

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Whoa, That IS disturbing. I hope your family can get this figured out soon. What a horrible thing for you all to be going through :(

Faith Ann said...

How awful! I hope your family gets some answers as to what happened. My heart goes out to her child.

Jeri said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I hope you get the answers you need to bring closure to your loss.