Friday, December 24, 2004

Meeting on the Turret Stairs WIP

I thought you might like to see my progress on Meeting On The Turret Stairs - aka 'The Arm Sniffer' (don't ask! LOL The link's in the title) This one is zooming along surprisingly quickly although there are some awfully dull bits, especially along the top. I'm really pleased with it so far, and confident that it won't take me 50,000 years to finish as I feared it might. This is a Good Thing, because I have several even more humongous ones lined up to stitch and now I know I may stand a chance of finishing them this lifetime! *grin*

My DH is a very generous man! We went to Comet today (big electrical store) and he just bought me a brand new laptop! This is not, I repeat not my Christmas present - he bought it because (apparently) 'I'm worth it'. Isn't that sweet? I feel a bit like a L'Oreal advert but still.... DS will get my old laptop which will now replace his creaky old PC, so he's thrilled too. His old machine was so old it would barely play any of his games, so everyone's happy!

Oh, and I'm about to become a Grandma at the grand old age of 41. Well, a step-gran anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see any pictures :-O Are they on a different page? Well have a lovely Christmas xxx
Karen F (www.foliagecorner.co.uk/default.htm/)

Kiwi Jo said...

Wow, that's a stunner! Congratulations on becoming a Grandma - you aren't much older than me!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Gill said...

Jo - thanks very much! :o)
Karen - you have to click on the title of the entry ;o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gill. I've just been to have a look. Wow! Does that look complicated or what! It's going to look absolutely gorgeous when it's complete!
Karen F

Amy said...

Wow! What a beautiful piece! I can't wait to see that one finished! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!