Sunday, January 23, 2005

Emerald Mermaid framed!


I picked up my Emmy from the framers yesterday. I love seeing my stitching framed but it's just too expensive to frame them as I finish them. Not to mention that I've pretty much run out of wall space, I had to do some reshuffling yesterday to make room for Emmy, I think I'll have to either extend or move to a bigger house! I'm quite pleased with how it turned out though. I wish I had a local framer that could do some of the fancy mats I've seen on the BBs but they all look blank when I ask.

DH is off to Valencia today for 10 days, testing this year's race car so I'm on my own again. :o( Then the race season kicks off so I'll just have to get used to it again. Oh the joys of being an F1 wife :o/

5 comments:

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Great choice of mat and frame, Gill! Flatters the piece without taking away from the stunning beauty inside. Glad you were able to find room to hang her! *G*

KarenV said...

Your framed mermaid looks wonderful Gill - congrats!

Lorna said...

She looks wonderful Gill. :)

Yany said...

Gil, your Emmy looks gorgeous!!! congratulations!!

Faith Ann said...

She is beautiful!

I think the mats look beautiful. I know what you mean about wishing for a local framer who could do the fancy stuff...I don't have anyone in my area either and I would never ship my cross stitch off somewhere to be finished.