Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm feeling a lot better today, finally. Thanks everyone for your good wishes! After my last entry I went downhill fast with a nasty dose of 'flu that knocked me sideways. I haven't felt able to do anything at all for a few very rough days, not even reading (and I have to be pretty darned ill for that one!) DH took over the cooking for a few days, but I have to say as a housekeeper he leaves a lot to be desired! I've just spent the morning getting the house back to normal - I'm not exactly fanatical about housework but I'm sure if I was away DH would live in a pigsty, he never puts
anything away, be it dirty cups, tools, shoes....ah yes. DH's shoes. I usually have a couple of pairs of everyday shoes that I wear till they fall apart, and a couple of 'best' pairs. DH has more shoes than Imelda Marcos. Seriously. And I usually find most of them abandoned in the middle of the living room carpet. I shouldn't complain too much though, apart from his extreme messiness he's a great guy and I'm lucky to have him :oD

3 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

I'm sorry you were so sick but I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Your DH sounds a lot like mine!!

Faith Ann said...

Glad to hear that you're finally feeling better Gill.

I have to beg my DH to buy new shoes when his are falling apart!

Retta said...

With my DH its SOCKS ~ he has at least two drawer fulls at any given time and I find them all over the darn house in the middle of the floor, stuck under sofa cushions LOL