Monday, January 31, 2005

I've been feeling a bit disappointed these last few days. I was supposed to be going to a get-together with some other UK stitchers next weekend, DH was flying back from Valencia on Thursday and would mind the kids for the day while I went. Unfortunately, a couple of days ago BAR changed the plan without notice and extended the test by a couple of days so now he'll be flying back on the day of the GTG, and by the time he gets home it will be too late. DH feels really bad about it because he knows how much I was looking forward to going, but he couldn't do anything about it. He's so sweet though....he knows I've started saving for a Chatelaine so he's told me I can use the extra expenses money he'll get to go order one, as a kind of compensation. I didn't need my arm twisted too hard.....I've ordered Misty Morning Vineyard. *grin*. The only condition was that I actually stitch it instead of letting it sit in my stash (How could he suggest such a thing?? LOL)He spoils me too much!

6 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Wow...I'd be thrilled with the change of plans if I got to buy that! Lucky you!

Hopefully you'll be able to go to the next GTG.

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

This just didn't seem to be a good weekend for GTG's (our's got iced out). Sorry it didn't work out for you to go, but at least you got some nice stash out of the deal. :)

Sam said...

You're such a lucky girl!!! I hope to see photos of your new WIP asap ;o)

Yany said...

Oh, you lucky girl!!! just yesterday I wrote in my blog about Misty Morning Vineyard, is so beautiful, please post progress pics :)

Little Grey Cat said...

Aww what a shame you're missing out on the GTG. But what a way to make up for it! Looking forward to seeing your progress photo's of it.

Lorna said...

Awww. I was looking forward to meeting you so much. Hopefully next time. I'll be thinking of you and your new stash, your DH gets full brownie points from me. lol