Friday, January 14, 2005

You remember how I was going to push on with Royal Holiday and try to reduce my WIPs? Well, the best laid plans and all that.... I started another one! Oops. I was looking through my stash, as you do, when I came across Rose of Sharon at the bottom of my Mira box. I've had the chart for ages, I got it cheap from Ebay, but it has never called to me at all. There was something about it that just didn't really appeal although I liked the design overall. My friend Sam once commented that she didn't feel like a 'proper' Mira stitcher until she's done Middy and Titania..well I feel pretty much the same about RoS (hereafter known as Shazza LOL),which is silly really because I've completed about 16 Miras and Royal Hol is my 17th! Anyway, I eventually decided that it was the combination of blue and yellow that I wasn't keen on and thought I might try a mini conversion on it. And then I just sort of got swept along with it. Oh, well - it is guilt free January after all! ;op

7 comments:

Kitty said...

Of course it is guilt free =) and don't forget the piccies, we want piccies.

Faith Ann said...

Why am I not surprised that you have started yet another, Gill? LOL

Shazza is going to be lovely...I like the colour sash you have chosen for her dress. I'm really getting the urge to convert something after seeing everyone's pics...I just don't know what I'd convert!

Yany said...

Good for you Gill, Shazza is looking beautiful!!
Guilt free January rules!! LOL

Mindy said...

Oooo, the purple sash is very pretty! I think that's a nice color combination. RoS was my first Mirabilia and I've always thought she was very pretty. I know what you mean about not being a "true" Mirabilia fan until you've stitched certai pieces. I've stitched RoS and Titania so I guess I need to stitch Middy to be a full-fledged fan LOL!

Amy said...

I love the purple conversion! This one has one of my favorite dresses....she is just gorgeous. If I ever do her, I may steal your conversion ;)

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

She's looking lovely ! ! Great work!

Laural said...

She's beautiful! That's only two days work? Wow!! You've not just started her you actually have a good percentage done. My true Mira stitcher piece is Sleeping Beauty :)