Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Biggest Happy Dance of All Time!

I'm so excited, I can barely type....I had a call this morning from our immigration agent, who said the Aussie authorities are ready to grant our visas!!! Woooohoooo! After more than 20 years I'm finally moving back home! I can't believe it! She said we have a choice - we can re-do everything and get a visa that's valid for a year, or we can go before 26th April with what we've already supplied, but we only have to go for a holiday and then we get a 5 year re-entry visa so we've opted for the latter. So basically, we'll be having a holiday with Mum & Dad in the next few weeks, and then hopefully I'll be home for Christmas! We bought a bottle of champagne ready for this day, and it's chilling right now ready for when DH gets home! Woooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Little Grey Cat said...

Oh Wow! Congratulations! That must be the best phonecall you've had for a long time :-D I am looking forward to seeing all your plans come together now over the next few months. I hope you're going to keep blogging when you get back to Aussie!

Sam said...

Woooooo-hoooooooo!!!!!I'm really happy for you & I'm glad that everything's finally moving into place at last. :o)

Yany said...

Congratulations Gill, those are wonderful news!!

Hugs from Mexico

Amy said...

Great news Gill! Keep us informed on all the changes!

Carol said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi Jo said...

Congratulations!!!

Faith Ann said...

Yay!! That's fantastic news Gill...congratulations!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Gill! I hope we'll be able to meet up at a GTG before you have to leave

KarenV

Autumn said...

Congratulations!! France is going to lose a fun person! (Is that joke getting lame or what??) I hope all your moving plans go smoothly from here on out!