Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I think my cat has finally decided that he likes me. This is good, because we only adopted him eight years ago. He's a funny little guy, well...when I say 'little' I mean compared to, say, an elephant. For those who read Terry Pratchett...think Greebo and you get the idea. He's a huge brawler of a cat who rules the neighbourhood like a Mafia Don. LOL He's always liked to be around us though and be part of whatever is going on, but he has never been a lapcat in any sense of the word. The last few days though, he's been snuggling up against me while I stitch, laying his head on my knee and purring like a motorbike. Dribbling on my knee too I might add as he's lost several teeth and half of his tongue fighting. It's very gratifying (well, not the dribbling bit), if a little disconcerting. Every so often he'll stretch just to make sure I've seen the switchblades on the end of his fingers in case I forget my place. Cats...gotta love 'em!

I am so close to a Happy Dance with Royal Holiday! Just a bit of fur and the beads and she'll be finished, definitely this week! Yaaaaay!

3 comments:

Yany said...

Gill, enjoy your new stash!! and congratulations for your almost RH HD!! I wish I could finish petal this week, but I have a lot to do at work and in the house, mmm... Anyway, I guess I'll receive MMV in onother 10-15 days, so perhaps I can finish Petal...

Kitty said...

So Gill is that putting on the fur or picking out the cat fur? :)

Congrats on the almost-finish.

Sam said...

Mind he doesn't dribble all over your silkies when you start Misty Morning Vineyard!!! It could get very messy.... ;o)