Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I've been sitting here contemplating all my junk that's going to need sorting through before we move to Australia. It's amazing how much 'stuff' you aquire, I don't consider myself a hoarder (except of stash, obviously ;o) ) but there is still large quantities of clutter that we neither want nor need to take with us. So yesterday, in an uncharacteristic burst of motivation, I started sorting through the kitchen cupboards. I was positively ruthless and ended up with two large black plastic binbags full of unwanted stuff. Well, that's one room down, anyway! Everyone tells me I should sell all my unwanted junk at a carboot sale but to be frank with you I don't know if I can be arsed. I've been ribbing DH about sorting through his Monster Shed and whittling away what he doesn't need/use but he says he needs all of it and will whittle it down when I do the same with my stash!!! When hell freezes over pal! LOL! Besides, my stash wouldn't take up half a container all by itself like the shed contents would (I know, I know, I need to work on it ;op)

Anyway, all this unwonted activity means I haven't done much in the way of stitching for a couple of days. I'm still on Misty Morning Vineyard but I'm going to have to put it down for the Mira SAL this weekend and stitch on Rose of Sharon instead. I'm enjoying MMV but I'm looking forward to picking up Shazza for a few days as a change.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

When I was getting ready to move I had a good old clear out too. I didn't car boot myself but there was a lady where I worked who did car boots every weekend for charity. So I gave her all my old stuff. I think she ended up with about 6 carloads!! It may be worth asking around, or checking with the local charity shops.