Sunday, August 14, 2005

After a long hiatus...

I'm back and Blogging with gas...well, hopefully without too much gas ;o)

I've been a Very Busy Person. We're trying to get the house ready to put on the market but I've been somewhat hampered by the fact that DH won't drag his butt away from the computer. He's involved in some online game called Eve and it's bordering on obsessive, and pissing me off quite frankly. I lost my rag this afternoon because he was supposed to be putting skirting boards on the landing (yes, my house has no skirting boards because DH took them off to replace them 2 years ago!)before the guy comes to measure for new carpet next Friday, and he had managed to get a six inch strip on between two doors and then sat down at his PC again. Anyway, I think when I tipped it shocked him a bit because I'm usually so easygoing, and now my landing has a full set of skirting and door frames!!! I forgot to mention the missing door frames, didn't I? While all this carpentry was afoot I was de-junking the kids' rooms. I've chucked 5 binbags full of outgrown and broken toys, and I haven't even started on DD's room yet.

I'm an auntie! Well, I was already an auntie actually, but yesterday my sister gave birth to her first child, a beautiful baby boy. We went scooting down to Oxford to visit them in hospital yesterday evening. Short labours must run in the family because she only took 5 hours, and mine were about the same. Anyway, when we got there she didn't look like she'd just given birth. I always looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge after mine were born but sis was immaculate as usual.

On the stitching front I've been busy as always. Since my last entry I've finished -
Passione Ricamo 'Spring Fairy Spirit'
Mirabilia 'Gathering Eggs'
Mirabilia 'Garden Muses'
WMN 'Acorn Sampler Sewing Case'
WMN 'Swan Needle Book'
HNG 'Double Running Etui'


I'm currently working on Mirabilia Cottage Garden Fairy but I haven't got a picture yet. Watch this space! And...my stepdaughter has taken up cross stitch! Yaaay! She was admiring my PR fairy so I gave her the chart, and she has bought some aida (I couldn't persuade her to try evenweave despite my best attempts) and floss and she's making great strides with it!

On the stash front...well, I'm convinced my stash breeds all by itself! I told DH he's to stop me from buying any more until I've made a big dent in what I already have (could take years!) but he replied that he won't stop me from doing something that gives me pleasure, so he was no help at all! Oh well, the day may come when I have less income to spend on my stitching and then I'll be thankful I have so much. Among my latest acquisitions are the new Stewart Moskowitz 'Fish City' which is too cute for words, and some Dimensions Gold kits 'Maggie the Messmaker' and 'Treasured Time' which are lovely but I wish they came with evenweave instead of aida.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. See ya.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, you have a smashing blog here! I will certainly bookmark your site ! I have a health cholesterol site. It reports most things that concern health cholesterol stuff. If you get the opportunity, your are welcome to come and check it out.

cathymk said...

Gill, my DH is an Eve addict too... I'm just glad we both have a computer or there'd by blood on the carpet.
Nice Stash accumulation!

Faith Ann said...

Yay...Gill's "back"!

I know nothing about Eve and I'm glad DH doesn't either from the sound of things...he and I procrastinate enough on our own without outside influences!

Scully said...

Gill, my DBF is like that when it comes to my stitching. He points stuff out and enables me when he sees a needlework shop when we are on hols etc. Wonder if that'll change when we get a house together :) Knowing him prolly not!

Amy said...

Woohoo! She blogs again! Welcome back, Gill! You have indeed been busy! you're stitching up a storm, girl ;) My DH feels the same way about my stash. Lucky gals, ain't we? :)

Mindy said...

Glad to see you're back!