Sunday, August 28, 2005

It's a horrible, gut-wrenching feeling when you realise one of your children is missing. We went into Banbury this afternoon to buy new school uniforms ready for the new term. We'd just about finished, and were walking through the mall back to the car park, when I suddenly realised that our 7 year old DS wasn't walking beside us any more. DH later told me I went white as a sheet, and we split up to search for him. For ten frantic and agonisingly long minutes we backtracked to all the shops we'd been in to no avail, until finally I collared a shop assistant to ask her to contact security for me. The security guy's response was 'Thank goodness for that - we've just found a little lost boy'. The relief was incredible as I'm sure you can imagine. Turns out he'd kept walking straight on when we'd turned a corner and he'd ended up in Woolworths, where he'd burst into tears when he realised we weren't with him and a kindly customer had taken him to a member of staff, who'd called security. Needless to say, I won't be letting him out of my sight for a good long while!

1 comment:

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Oh, how frightening ! ! Glad you found him quickly and that he was safe.