Monday, August 29, 2005

I've managed to get a little bit more done on Cottage Garden Fairy, despite yesterday's panic, so here's my latest piccy of her - as you can see I've just about finished the wings. I was convinced I was going to run out of the blue Kreinik but I had just enough - I literally had about 6" left!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of my other hobby with you. Since I'm trying not to buy any more charts for a while I'll probably be spending my money on my dolls houses instead. I have two - one is Edwardian in theme and fairly complete, and the other is Tudor and just a shell at the moment so that's where the money will be going.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This one also has a basement which is decommissioned at the moment due to lack of space - it sticks out a lot beyond the dollshouse you see. I've had to shuffle the rooms around a bit because of this - the kitchen rightly belongs down there but because it's now in the main house I've had to lose the bathroom, which used to be in what is now the nursery... well you get the idea.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is my Tudor one (obviously!) and is as yet completely empty. It's smaller than the other and has just 3 rooms. The next step is to put wood panelling on the walls. BTW - the furniture you can glimpse through the window is from the Edwardian Billiards room and is just being stored in there for the time being. Another casualty of losing the basement!

4 comments:

Scully said...

She really looks beautiful Gill. What fabric are you using?

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Great progress on your fairy! And your dollhouse looks lovely. :)

Kathy said...

Wpw what wonderful Fabric you are using can I ask where you get it from its georgeous.

Love the fairy and your dolls house they are lovely.

Hugs xxxxxx

Gill said...

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :o) The fabric is Silkweaver Reflections 'Ametrine' lugana. Kathy, I got it from www.silkweaver.com