Friday, August 26, 2005

Sometimes I could kick myself. I had my sewing machine out this evening, and just as I stood up to pack it away I managed to catch my foot in the lead and sent the whole thing crashing to the floor (bouncing off my chair on the way down). You know those heart-stopping moments when something bad happens but there's nothing you can do but watch it happen? Take my word for it, sewing machines don't take well to being hurled on the floor and my poor old machine seized up completely. I haven't had it for very long and it's only a cheap machine - I only use it for finishing my needlework and edging my fabric so it wasn't worth buying a dearer model, but it has proved a good machine. I was thinking it would almost certainly cost more to repair than replace but I would rather not have to do either, and then I started wondering if I could claim it on insurance. Luckily, at this point my Knight in Shining Armour (aka DH) stepped in. He had it in about a million pieces and I did get a lecture about being more careful in future, but luckily he managed to figure out what the problem was - the impact had dislodged the whole mechanism and once he'd managed to force it back into place he finally got it working again. It seems to be working fine again so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

OMG! I can imagine the sick feeling I'd have in my stomach if it had happened to me. Very glad to hear your DH was able to fix it.