Saturday, September 17, 2005

I wish people would do what they say they're going to do. Louise was invited round a friend's house last night. The boy's mum told me that she would bring her home when her husband got back from work 'about 6.30ish'. So OK, 6.30 came and went without a word, so when it got to 7.30 I phoned.
'Oh, I thought I would bring her back around 8'.....not what she'd told me originally, but Ok I suppose as long as I know - would have been better if she'd phoned me to tell me that...so 8 o'clock comes and goes...
You know what time she eventually deigned to bring my daughter home? Quarter to nine. I don't want to sound petty, but if someone tells me they will bring my child home around 6.30 I don't expect them to bring her home at quarter to 9, know what I mean? I wouldn't have even minded her coming home at that time if the boy's mum had told me that in the first place. Then, she had the bare-faced cheek to ask if Louise could come round next Friday too. I don't want to stop Louise from seeing her friends but I'm definitely making my own arrangements for picking her up next time!

No comments: