Thursday, September 15, 2005

People are strange sometimes, aren't they? I've just had a call from the estate agent with feedback from a viewing a couple of days back. Apparently, the viewer rejected my house on the grounds that it's too small. Both the estate agent and myself are feeling somewhat bemused by that comment, because my house is huge! I couldn't believe my ears when she told me! Most people walk through the front door and go 'whoa!' Now, I can understand why it may not be to everyone's taste, it was built originally for US airforce personnel stationed nearby and was built to fulfill American expectations (ie, a lot bigger than your average British home) but, being an ex-military property it is a little on the boxy side to look at, and the kitchen could use a revamp. Of all the reasons it might be rejected, 'too small' never entered my head! It obviously didn't enter the agent's head either, because she was almost laughing when she told me about the comment. If big is what you're after you won't find better for the money - it is a very large, detached house set on a decent plot of land, in a nice safe area, which is of course why we bought it in the first place. I think that viewer needs a short sharp reality check - she's not going to be able to find a champagne house for beer money! Oh well, it's only been for sale a week so nil desperandum!

No comments: