Monday, September 26, 2005

Pete's famous at last! Well, kind of....LOL

I was watching the Formula one qualifying session on Saturday, as usual. I always watch because there's a chance I might get to see Pete when they show inside the BAR garage. Well, this time there was a really good shot of him watching the monitors with a group of others, when suddenly a hand appeared from off-camera and gave him a good hard shove, and he went flying across the screen! It was too funny. It was just someone larking about but it was watched by about 55 million people! I've had so many people ring me to say 'did you see?' I think everyone we know must have seen it.
He flies back from Brazil tomorrow. I can't wait - I've really missed him this time for some reason and I've been feeling a bit lonely. Trouble is he flies out again on Sunday for the Japan/China races and will be gone for nearly 3 weeks. :o(

No new picture of Night Train today. I've been working a lot on the interminable backstitch which seems to take forever. There's a good reason most of the designs I choose have hardly any! ;o) I think the problem is you're going over areas you've already stitched so you don't really feel like you're making any progress.

I'm getting a mite frustrated waiting for my chart of Mirabilia's Mermaids of the Deep Blue. No, I haven't fallen off the wagon, I ordered it before I declared myself SOS (and new Miras were my exception anyway), but I thought I would do my bit to support my not-so-LNS by ordering it from them instead of getting it from SewandSo, but if I had ordered it from S&S I could have had it about 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. The shop insist they're expecting it 'any day now' which is what they've been saying for the last couple of weeks. It's not like I desperately need it but it is a bit annoying!

Little Pete is still plugging away at his stitching. His first stitches weren't brilliant, but I've been trying not to frog too much because I don't want to discourage him. I did frog a little bit when he'd made a major boo-boo that you just couldn't fudge, but now he seems to be improving and the stitching he did yesterday was much neater. The biggest problem I'm finding is he forgets to move his needle up his thread and ends up stitching with twice as many strands as he should!

3 comments:

Faith Ann said...

If only you knew when something like that would happen so you could tape it! It must be rough having your husband on the road so much... I used to hate it when DH would go away just once or twice a year for work.

I can't wait to see Little Pete's first happy dance!! I hope my little guy will show an interest when he's older.

Carol said...

Wow, I didn't know your DH was part of the BAR Honda team! I follow Formula One!!! Only one race left to go (you must be thrilled) - and I will try to peek to find him, assuming he appears as in the photo in your blog?? Wow, very cool!!!!

Carol said...

Oh - I am assuming Jensen Button's team, right??