Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thank you for all your nice comments about ATC :) Louise is delighted with it. I've now made a start on Night Train for little Pete. I'm not using the recommended fabric (which is Navy) because I'm being such a good little SOSer that I decided to use something from my stash instead. This is Spruce (I think - it's been so long since I bought it, it could be anything! :-b) but I think it works for a nighttime scene. Peter has been sitting cuddled up next to me watching me stitch it, and getting excited every time something recognisable appears. I don't think I'm going to be able to take a break from this one! LOL This is one day's stitching -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The chart is proving a bit of a pain. It's in colour on glossy card, which means I can't make a working copy (I don't have access to a colour copier) and the only thing I can use to mark it off is a highlighter pen. I hate scribbling all over the original chart, but what can you do? I've never been a fan of coloured charts anyway, for some reason I find black and white much easier to follow.

5 comments:

Scully said...

Gill, you've made a great start on the train. The fabric looks great. I bet Little Pete wants to watch every stitch of it :)
I also love your ATC it looks fabulous.

Sam said...

Woo-hoo! I can't believe how much you've stitched already... well, I guess I can, with you being such a speedy stitcher ;o) Little Pete will love it!

Gill said...

Hey Sam...does this mean you're back online, or is this just a flying visit?

Stitchie Kiwi said...

wow! it's looking good already! I hear you on the coloured charts - I really dislike stitching those ones too.

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I really like the fabric you chose for it. Better than the suggested fabric. You can see the train better IMHO, but you still get the nighttime feel.