Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Things are moving at last! Yesterday the estate agent came out to give us a valuation and it was for more than we were expecting, basically this house has more than doubled in value in the 6 years we've lived here, which is really good news because it all helps when you're resettling in another country. He took all the measurements and a photo of the front and now he will get it typed up and be back in a day or two to get it all approved, and then my house will finally be up for sale! Now the hardest part will be keeping it tidy as I have a very messy family, but I sat everyone down and impressed on everyone how important it is for them to do their bit towards selling if they want to go to Australia. I think it had some impact (at least temporarily) because Louise especially seems to be making a real effort. Usually I feel that I'm the only person in the house that tries to keep it tidy but I don't fancy running around like a headless chicken cleaning up everyone else's mess every time we get a viewing. I can't see us getting to Australia before Christmas though, because even if we got a buyer immediately it usually takes a couple of months for all the searches and surveys and paperwork and stuff. It can be done quicker, but it's very unusual, and I don't want to be moving abroad just before Christmas so the most likely scenario is sometime in the new year. Keep your fingers crossed for me that we sell it quickly!

4 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Happy Belated anniversay Gill (and DH)! I hope you had a great day.

Good luck with the sale of your home!! I hated having to keep our house in "viewing" condition. It was sooooo hard. I hope you have a quick sale so you won't have to go through that for very long. Here (Canada), we had to keep our house in order 100% of the time because a special keybox was put on the door so that agents could drop in with prospective buyers at anytime when we were not home...we didn't always have much notice and it would happen while we were at work. It was a real pain.

Kathy said...

Hiya Gill,

Wow moving to Aus, hope the sale of the house goes well. My sister is moving to New Zealand in a couple of years. Because her DH is not working at the moment they could not go next year so they are waiting for an extra year so in 2007 they will be off.

Good luck hun and keep us posted.

Hugs xxxxx

Amy said...

Happy (late!) anniversary! Congrats to you and DH! Here's hoping the house sale will go quickly and smoothly. You'll be on your way soon!

Joyus said...

Great news Gill, fingers crossed for a quick sale.