Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Well, I'm on the home stretch with Above the Clouds, and should finish it either today or more likely, tomorrow. I've made such good progress because I've been forced to work on it exclusively whilst my other WIPs are packed away as part of my effort to keep the house tidy, tidy, tidy for viewings. I also seem to get more stitching done when Pete's away and he's in Brazil at the moment.

I don't buy many kits and stitching this one has got me wondering how on earth they work out thread usage. I've already run out of some colours (luckily it was DMC and I had a good match in my master set) which OK, is probably my own fault since I threw out the 18 count aida it came with and used a different count hand dyed instead, but why then have I got masses left of other colours? I'm certainly not going to use them up in the little bit that's left to stitch.

After ATC is finished I'll be starting this one -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm not really looking forward to stitching it as it's so not my style, but as ATC has been stitched for Louise now little Pete wants this one which I promised to stitch for him. It's also a coloured chart which I'm never keen on, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and knuckle down to it. I'm just thankful I don't have 10 kids clamouring for me to stitch them things! LOL

No comments: