Saturday, November 12, 2005

We had to have a little funeral today...little Pete's goldfish died. Poor child was so upset - he's had this fish for 4 - 5 years and it's the first time he's experienced the death of a pet, even if it is 'just' a goldfish and I'm frankly surprised it lasted as long as it did. He took it a lot harder than I would have expected although he's always been a very soft hearted little boy. Anyway, he was crying so much I didn't have the heart to flush it away to the Great Toilet Bowl In The Sky and Peter asked if we could bury it in the back garden. We found him a coffin (an old plastic money box) and buried him under the lilac tree, with a grave marker that Peter made himself, that reads...'Here lies Thomas the goldfish. We'll miss you'.

I don't want to tempt fate...but I think I've seen off the frogs that have plagued my start on HAED Angel of Love. I've made it past the point where I had to frog it all *twice* and I now have a pretty little face peeking back at me...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm stitching her on an opalescent SW Solo, one over one on 28 count lugana. I'm finding the threads split quite easily on this fabric though, and I'm having to be uber-careful.

2 comments:

Scully said...

Gill that is so sad for Peter and how sweet of him to make that sign. I would have been roaring. Pets are pets no matter what they are and I get far too attached to them!
The Angel is looking good so far...well done :)

Kathy said...

Hey Gill, she looks great, love her face, and love the material.

Hugs xxxxxxx