Saturday, November 26, 2005

Well, at this juncture I'm just about ready to tear my hair out. After yet another hiccup and a lot of frantic ringing around by both the estate agent and the solicitor we now appear to be exchanging contracts on Monday instead of today, and completing on Thursday instead of Wednesday, which is starting to cut it a bit fine before Pete flies to Spain. I think if we have any more dramas with this sale Pete will withdraw and put it back on the market - he nearly did that yesterday anyway. He's got quite a short fuse when it comes to things like this. We are certainly making our agents earn their commission though! Just to make things worse he's working stupid hours once again...he got home around midnight last night. There's nothing like working 16 hour days, is there? They always promise he'll get the time back another day, but somehow he never does.

It's absolutely freezing at the moment. They're forecasting snow this weekend and the kids are really hoping it does. Personally I'm not a fan unless I've got a pair of skis strapped to my feet and a mountain in front of me (which last happened about 15 years ago!), but since this will (hopefully) be our last winter here I can't begrudge them a last chance to make snowmen etc. :o)

No comments: