Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's now Boxing Day evening, and Christmas is pretty much over...it was quiet but very pleasant, and probably our last Christmas in the UK. Next year we'll be having Christmas in the sunshine which is just how it should be...LOL. I had some lovely presents - I had a new stitching light/floor lamp combo with a remote control...yaaay, a remote I get to keep to myself! I also had some beautiful earrings from Pete, books from the children, a new handbag from Mum and Dad (I am to handbags what Imelda Marcos was to shoes ;-) )and a purse from my sis. Tomorrow we're trekking up to Wales to visit MIL. We've bought her a celtic design locket and inside it has a pic of Pete and I on one side and a pic of the children on the other, and had the back etched with 'Only A Day Away' to remind her that these days Australia is only 24 hours away by plane. My sis reckons it'll make her cry - I hope not.

Looking back over 2005, it's been quite a productive year stitching-wise. I have finished -

Mirabilia Royal Holiday

Jeannette Douglas Bug Collector

Passione Ricamo Spring Fairy Spirit

Mirabilia Gathering Eggs

Mirabilia Garden Muses

WMN Acorn Sampler Sewing Case

WMN Swan Needlebook

WMN Quaker Treasures Stitching Bag and Needlecase

HNG Double Running Etui

2 TW squares for a quilt

TW Above The Clouds

Stitchworld Night Train

Mill Hill Beaded Santa Face


These can all be seen in my Webshots album - http://community.webshots.com/user/gda63

Not too shabby a list, if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, you WERE quite the busy lady last year! Great finishes. I'm sure you have plenty lined up for 2006 :)

Scully said...

Congratulations on all your finishes Gill. I didn't realise you had finished the Night Train. It looks great :) Oh and having stitched the Lakes map, I really admire the fact that you have stitched three maps!!! :lol: