Thursday, December 29, 2005

We've got snow!

We awoke yesterday morning to find it had snowed in the night, which is quite a big deal round here as we don't get it very often. We must have been right on the edge of the weather front because when we set off for Wales we ran out of snow almost as soon as we left the town. I'm not a lover of snow generally...well, not unless I have a pair of skis strapped to my feet anyway and it's been about 16 years since that last happened...but I was actually quite pleased to see it this time because it might be my last snow. The kids didn't get to play in it yesterday because of the aforementioned trip to Wales, but they were out playing snowballs this morning.

We had a very nice day visiting MIL. She did indeed cry when we gave her the locket but she really loved it. We're going to bring her out to Oz for a holiday once we get settled so she can see for herself it's not such a big deal. It also gives her something to look forward to and plan for after we go. She gave me a pair of earrings she bought me during her trip to Malaysia earlier this year - she hadn't wanted to trust them to the vagaries of the postal service. Very pretty indeed!

Have you ever had a WIP you begin to wish you'd never started, but you're determined won't beat you? Rose of Sharon is that WIP. I am *so* sick of looking at it, but I don't want to put it away and then have to come back to it *yet again*. It just seems to go on and on and on and on and on.....

1 comment:

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

I think we've all had *that* WIP. Mine is Santa's Magic-- beautiful piece, but if I had it to do over again, it would never have been started. Thankfully, it's nearly done. :)

Hang in there-- you'll finish Rose of Sharon one of these days!