Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I got back from the school run this morning to find postie had brought the Silkweaver Solos I ordered last week -

Image hosting by Photobucket I really must stop buying them though - I was sorting through my fabric this afternoon and I have absolutely loads and certainly don't need any more. For some reason I just haven't been using them very much. Of my current WIPs, only Cottage Garden Fairy and the new little start I made yesterday are on hand dyed fabric. I really must make more of an effort to use them up, but they look so pretty in their box in their little plastic baggies! LOL

Speaking of my new WIP...after the intense burst of effort I put into Alhambra I wanted to start something small and fluffy, so I've started this -

Image hosting by Photobucket

It's a little Maria Van Scharrenberg called Twinkle Twilight Richard, not my usual thing at all, but I really like the pretty candy colours and metallics threads in it - I think I must have been a magpie in a previous existence! ;o) Anyway, it's small and cute and will only take a few days to finish.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Your new start is really sweet Gill :o) I know what you mean about having so much fabric, but it is still soooo addictive, isn't it?!! ;o)

Terri said...

I see you have finished Alhambra. I just bought that chart. I would be very curious to see a closeup. How long did it take you to finish it? Have any suggestions on working with it?