Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Right, back to the Alhambra...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've now completed the fourth corner medallion and another yellow column. Somehow I doubt I'll be done by the end of the month though.

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I've finally kicked my butt into gear and decided to lose some weight before we head off back to Australia. I'd put on a quite alarming amount over Christmas. I've been dieting for two weeks now and lost about half a stone. People say you lose mostly water in the first couple of weeks, although I've never understood that. I'm not drinking any less, and certainly drinking more actual water, so why would my body decide to jettison lots of water just because I'm eating healthier stuff? I'm sure there's a logical explanation but I don't know what it is.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, Gill! I didn't realize how gorgeous this piece really is! It's beautiful!

Scully said...

Gill you are going great guns with this. I bet you will finish by the end of the month! Congrats on the weight loss too :)

Joyus said...

Congrats on the weight loss Gill and fingers crossed you get that happy dance in before the end of the month

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the weight loss Gill, wow Alhambra is stunning, I just love the brightness of the colours.

Hugs xxxxx

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

This just keeps getting prettier and prettier. Sigh...

Congrats on the Lanarte finish, and good luck with the weight loss!