Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thank you all for your lovely comments on RoS, they are very much appreciated!

It may be Guilt Free January, but I seem to have gone into full WIP-killing mode. Now RoS is finally finished I've gone back to another old WIP - my jinx piece Chatelaine Alhambra Garden...fingers crossed it suffers no more calamities before it's finished. In case you don't recall, first I managed to spill Dr. Pepper all over the fabric before I even started, then I found out the shop had sold me 36 count instead of 32 and the beads on the middle of this are so tight already they wouldn't fit on 36, so I had to dash off to buy a different piece - fortunately I hadn't done very much when I discovered the mistake. Next, as I tightened it on my scroll frame (this was before I switched to Qsnaps)the fabric at the edges tore! At this point I had done too much to just give up so I had to hem the edges. Finally, the last time I picked up this WIP I decided it was looking a bit grubby and decided it needed a wash...being the conscientious stitcher I am Image hosted by Photobucket.com I strand tested the silks to make sure they weren't going to bleed and they seemed OK. But, as soon as I immersed the whole piece in the (cold) water it bled alarmingly! After considerable effort I managed to rescue it, but I hope the gremlins have given up on this piece now and will let me finish it in peace! This is the first Chatelaine I started well over a year ago, and my aim is to stay with this and try to get it done. Whether or not I succeed depends on how bored I get - the mandala gardens are stunning but, dare I say it? A teeny bit repetitive.

Anyway, here is my progress so far...wish me luck!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I haven't bought much stash over the last few months...I might not have succeeded in being a Stash Only Stitcher, but I did manage to seriously cut back on how much I've bought. However, my MIL gave me some money to buy myself a Christmas present and what's a girl to do? Image hosted by Photobucket.com I bought myself a pair of Dovo scissors to replace the cheapie ones I usually buy and they arrived this morning - very nice too. They actually look like quality scissors. They have a brushed steel effect which makes them look like pewter. I also bought Mirabilia Forest Goddess and the braids and beads, and also the braids and beads for Mermaids of the Deep Blue.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

I think you're going to like Forest Goddess. You're so close on your Chatelaine. You can finish it up and get it out of the way!

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Oh my... that's gorgeous! It's one of my favorite Chatelaine designs. I'm trying hard to resist ordering it (b/c I plan to start Persian Iris Garden in May), but you're not making it easy.

Laura said...

I totally know how you feel about Alhambra Garden too! I am so bored of it, I've had to put it away twice now. AND I accidentally wrote on it with pink highlighter and had to wash it. Take heart though - you're farther along than I am!

Scully said...

Gill it does look stunning! Well done on your progress, I hope you manage to keep at it...I get bored easily so I have every sympathy with you!

Mindy said...

Your Alhambra Garden is looking lovely! You're going to be so happy when you've finished it :)

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous Gill, I hope you have an easier run with it now