Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Cravings....

Repeat after me...I have enough fabric. I don't need any more fabric.....Nope. Didn't work. For some reason, I have an overwhelming urge to order a FQ of SMF Raindrop. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but because it's always a special order item I don't have time to get it from a UK retailer before we fly, and if I order from the US and get it posted to Mum's it will cost me US$10 in postage! I don't know why LNSes charge such high postage - when I buy Silkweaver they only charge $5. And anyway, I have enough fabric. Nope, still doesn't work. Sigh. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay the high postage charge.

On the bright side though, Mum rang this morning to tell me my Taj Mahal kit has arrived! Yaay! I'd had an email from EuropeanXS saying due to delays in receiving supplies they had only been able to send out a few kits and I supposed I would have to wait (no biggie since I won't get my mitts on it till late March anyway) but I guess I was one of the few! :D

I also spoke to my stepdaughter this morning. I taught her to stitch and just recently she's been bitten hard by the stitching bug. I don't think her DBF is too thrilled with me though for giving her the web addresses of some ONS's..lol She wanted me to teach her French knots but I had to tell her that's something I can't teach her over the phone so she's going to have to wait until I see her. She's coming up before we leave, as she's just got a flat with her DBF and she's having the furniture we're not taking with us so they'll be coming up with a van just before we move out.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I keep getting the same fabric cravings too! I'm sorely tempted to start a FOTM up again. ;o) Go on Gill... you know you want it!

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Ohhhhh, trust me. Need has NOTHING to do with it! *lol*

Heather said...

Sometimes I think the need *is* an addiction... Congrats on making another convert!
Heather

Darla said...

"Enough fabric"? What is this?

natty68 said...

Look into my eyes - "You can resist!" Does it work..nope!! I can totally sympathise with you.

*Hugs*