Thursday, February 09, 2006

I have started a new project this afternoon - a square for Laura's memorial quilt. I'm stitching a 4" x 4" piece from Villa Mirabilia - minus beads which I'll replace with Kreiniks. I got off to a bad start though, I'd been stitching for about an hour on evenweave when I got an email saying they would prefer it on aida so I thought it best if I started over.

Pete just got home...yet another late night (he walked in at 9.30pm)but the good news is he's off for two days now before he flies to Bahrain on Saturday for a week. He was supposed to go tomorrow but they changed it at the last minute. :)

4 comments:

Rani said...

I thought aida or evenweave was fine? I hope so since aida is so hard on my hands for stitching. Hang in there.

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

OMG... I've been dilinquent in my blog reading lately, and you finished Alhambra while I wasn't looking. BIG Happy Dance for you!!! It's truly gorgeous. I've so enjoyed watching your progress on this one-- and I'm tempted to rush off and order it every time I look at yours.

I got your comment on my blog about the Cork linen. The shop had that, but in 18 ct... and that's the only count listed on the Zweigart site. Which is funny, because I remember it *years* ago being available in 19 ct. But I am happy to know that I am NOT the only person who has ever seen 20 ct. linen. ;)

Thanks for your help!

Anne said...

I have been reading your blog from time to time and have never thought you came across flippant etc. I just enjoy looking at your x stitch and catching up on what you have been up to. Happy Stitching.

Stacey said...

Actually, Gill, you come across on the boards as quite lovely. For me, you are a stablizing presence, one of those "older ones" (in experience, not age) whose opinion I respect. I'm glad you are here.:)

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}