Sunday, February 26, 2006


I'm afraid I have to confess I've been buying stash again. I went through a bit of a lull for a while but just recently I can't stop buying it! Today in Banbury I bought this kit - it's called Berry Time and it's from Heritage Stitchcraft, and I think it's so cute! I think I'll do it on a hand dyed though. I also ordered 3 metres of Antique White evenweave. After going through my stash I found I have lots and lots of pretty hand dyes but very little in the way of plain white fabric, and it's a useful thing to keep in stock so I ordered lots.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Awww what a cutie. I love it.

Hugs xxxxx

Faith Ann said...

I'm in the same zone, Gill. I think some of us are just meant to be stash-buyers :)

That kit is adorable.

Jenn said...

Berry Time is so cute. I've not seen it before. It will look so nice on some hand dyed fabrics.

Sam said...

Lol.. Wagon - what wagon? Tee hee! Berry Time is lovely - I've had another of these designs in my stash for ages called "Sitting Pretty" and am waiting for the right hand-dyed to come along to stitch it on :o)

artystitches said...

Very cute!

Stitchie Kiwi said...

I've stitched just the bird for a RR - it's a really cute pattern ... I always figured I stitch the whole thing ... one day LOL

Enjoy!

Pam said...

I see I'm not the only one in the stash buying mood LOL. I love what you've chosen and I am in the same boat as you, lots of hand dyed fabric but very little basic fabric. I must resist the urge to buy some more LOL.

Mindy said...

I love that design, and I'm not normally a bird stitcher. Very pretty! I know what you mean about having simple white fabric around -- sometimes we get so caught up in the hand-dyeds that we forget to keep the staples on hand.

Joyus said...

So much stash, so little time LOL.

I'm totally with you on the buying, I was trying to be on the wagon and coping because there was very little out there I liked but now it seems everywhere I turn there's another great stash item calling me...

terrylee said...

I love hearing about stash buying! Thanks for sharing the pic of the pattern, it is too cute. Hope your kittie is better!

Singular Stitches said...

How pretty! Can't wait to watch your progress.