Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I've had both Louise and Peter down with colds over the last few days. Louise is on the mend and went back to school this morning, but poor little Pete has developed an ear infection in both ears and is feeling rotten. I took him to the doctor this morning and he's now on antibiotics so hopefully he'll start to perk up soon. I hate seeing him in pain and not being able to soothe his hurt. The children's paracetamol doesn't seem to help much so all we can do is wait for the antibiotics to kick in.

I finished my little Maria Van S kit -

Image hosting by Photobucket

I changed it a bit - I left off the corners because I thought they were unnecessary on the hand dyed fabric, I also left off some of the stars and the backstitched flummery on the top of his hat. Also, the stamens on the flowers were supposed to be green (duh..obviously!) and with other things on my mind I didn't notice until I'd nearly finished them and then I didn't feel like frogging it all.

I'm back to stitching on Cottage Garden Fairy, here's the current state of play -


I'm not feeling very motivated to work on this though. I don't know why...I love the design, I love the fabric, I just find it hard to make myself work on it. I'm hoping that if I persist I'll find the groove for it again.

12 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Fantastic finish!!! I really love the colors!

Great progress on the fairy.

Yany said...

Is lovely!!! you did a great job.

Hugs

Rani said...

I love your Maria kit! Can you please share with me the name of it?

Gill said...

Sure Rani - it's called Twinkle Twilight 'Richard'.

Kimmie said...

That little guy is fabulous!!!!!

Hope everyone in your house starts feeling better. We're passing it around here too.

stitchinfiend said...

Gill what a beautiful piece of stitching that is. Do you know where in Aust, you will be coming to?

Annette - Aust (anystitcher)

Gill said...

Annette, most of my family live around the Central Coast in NSW so that's where we're going initially. Where we end up living depends on work I guess. Whereabouts are you?

stitchinfiend said...

I am Far North Coast right on the Qld Border (between Tweed Heads & Byron Bay
Annette

Faith Ann said...

Richard is sooo cute!! CGF is looking fantastic too :)

Have you decided which Mira you will stitch a portion of for Laura's quilt? I was going through my stash and had a hard time because all of my particular patterns had so many beads/kreiniks right around the face. I think it's a great idea since it was her favourite designer... I might look again tonight to see if I could convert something.

Gill said...

Hi Faith Ann. I'm thinking of doing the head and shoulders from Villa Mirabilia - there are only a few beads which could easily be replaced and IMO it's a very pretty face which will still look good without the rest of the design. I did consider Fairy Idyll but you were thinking of doing that one weren't you? I think that would be lovely - you just need to adapt it a little to lose the beads and I know Laura really loved that design.

Faith Ann said...

Ohhh... Villa Mirabilia will be perfect for a little segment.

I'm still waffling on whether to stitch a snowman or a section of F.Idyll. I've got to take a closer look at the number of beads in that section.

Sam said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon. Twinkley Richard looks fab & your CGF is gorgeous too. Come on Gill - you know you can get to it & finish her within a week or two ;o)