Thursday, February 23, 2006

One thing I won't miss when we go is the British winter. It's been absolutely perishing for the last few days, and today it's sleety and horrible. Ugh.

Progress has slowed a lot on FG, for two reasons. I just don't stitch as much when Pete's at home, and of course we're really busy trying to sort things out prior to our move. I'm having serious doubts now as to whether I'll finish this before I go. Under normal circumstances I could see this off in another couple of weeks but at this rate I don't think so.

I knew I wouldn't hold out for long on buying the SMF Raindrop. I've ordered it from Kristina at Lekker Threads and she's sending it to mum's for me when it comes in. It might take a bit longer to arrive, but Kristina charges actual postage and it's worked out slightly cheaper than ordering from ABC. I think all this fabric buying at the moment is because I'm not actually receiving any of it yet, so I'm not getting my 'fix'.

9 comments:

Karen's Blog said...

Gill your FG is gorgeous. Well done.

artystitches said...

looks wonderful!

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Even for slow going, you're making wonderful progress! :)

Jenny said...

Your FG is gorgeous! For a pattern I didn't like much when it was released - it sure is growing on me! :)

Faith Ann said...

Wow... you have some gorgeous fabrics on the way! I am of the opinion that one can *never* have enough fabric with all the choices that are available right now :)

FG looks awesome... maybe it will be your first Aussie finish of 2006!

terrylee said...

Oh Gill, she is beautiful! I miss seeing your WIP on the HAED BB. Hope you can get back into soon!

Jenn said...

The colors on FG are so pretty. They really pop more than they do on the photo of the finished piece.

Michelle said...

OMG FG is so pretty. I also wasn't keen originally but its now gone firmly on my wish list. :-)

Heather said...

I've just discovered Lekker Threads, ordered on Friday around 2pm and they were here on Saturday at 9am, amazing. I like the postage by weight idea too, I was only getting some threads and a pack of piecemaker's, so it was nice to be only paying 30p instead of £1.00