Sunday, February 12, 2006

So I made my 5am run to take Pete to work to catch the coach to Heathrow and he's now enroute to Bahrain. Driving through town at that hour was quite eerie in a way - everything was white with frost and there wasn't a soul around. I went back to bed afterwards. Later, when I re-emerged blinking into the light, there was a nice surprise waiting for me. A package from my friend Sam -

She sent me a 9 x 12 piece of SMF Fairy's Eve, 3 skeins of overdyed thread in various shades of purple (my favourite colour) and the cutest card. Thank you Sam!!!

Talking of stash, this afternoon I caved and ordered Stargazer, despite my best intentions.

We had a bit of a scene yesterday when we found out Pete's Debit card has been compromised (again)when he went to China. Apparently they've cracked a crime ring that were cloning people's cards. The thing is though, that the only time he used his card in China was at the hotel - despite it being a company booking they wouldn't give the guys the keys to their rooms without them first producing a card. Pete said he was very uncomfortable about it at the time, especially since they took the cards into another room, but what could he do? You would expect better from the Shanghai Hilton though, wouldn't you?

4 comments:

Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Can't blame you for breaking down and ordering Stargazer. She's beautiful!

Really sorry to hear about your husband's situation with the hotel and the debit card. What a sleezy thing to have happen. :(

Yany said...

Your gifts are so cute, I love purple too!!

Faith Ann said...

What a lovely gift! I caved and ordered Stargazer last weekend... just couldn't help myself.

That's horrible that your husband was scammed like that!

Sam said...

Tee hee! Glad you liked them ;o) I'm sorry to hear about Pete's card. Hope you can get it sorted out without too much bother.