Sunday, February 12, 2006

You know, it occurs to me that it's high time I explained the title of this blog. You might have imagined that it was something to do with 'chewing the fat', but you'd be wrong. I haven't explained it before because it was possibly TMI to put into the public domain, but now since I've moved away that's not really an issue any more.

It comes from one day several years ago, when I was teaching little Pete important information that he needed to remember, such as his address and phone number. I'd tested him a few times to make sure he remembered where he lived...xxx Tudor Way (say it fast)...then after a thoughtful silence, he asked in all seriousness...
"Mum....who chewed it away?" lolol

Little Pete...what a gem.

3 comments:

Faith Ann said...

What a cute story :)

Your quilt square is beautiful. You were brave to attempt all those quarter stitches on aida!

Autumn said...

I keep giggling about this one. Thanks for sharing :)

Scully said...

That's brilliant Gill...sounds just like something my DBro would say :lol: