Sunday, March 12, 2006

I finished Peter's Stocking late last night, although it will have to wait to made up into a stocking until the freight arrives in Aus and I get my sewing machine back. I think this will absolutely, positively be my last finish before we go. Probably. ;-p

Yesterday was a horrible day. It started badly when I woke up with a migraine brewing. You know how on ancient houses they sometimes have an iron bar between walls to support a bad wall? Well I felt like I had one of those going through my head from my left eye to the back of my skull. Not a good start when we were scheduled to take the cat to the pet shippers over near Ludlow. Before we set off, the letting agents turned up to show prospective new tenants round, although this time they did give us notice they were coming and we let them in before having to shoot off to Ludlow.

It took 3 hours each way because of all the little back roads we had to take, and various stops for kids needing the toilet. By the time we got home we were all feeling beat and my head was thumping although not so badly after all the pain meds I'd been popping all day. We walked in to find the prospective tenants had been messing with our stuff - Pete's Robosapien was in the middle of the living room floor, switched on!!! Bear in mind that this was an accompanied viewing - I can't believe the agents let them do it! We were so mad!

Just to top off a wonderful day, my StepDD phoned to say she can no longer take the furniture we're not taking , because she's split with her boyfriend and the flat's off. This has left us with a bit of hassle because we now have to find somewhere to get rid of it by Thursday. We've tried ringing a few charities but no-one wants it! None of them are prepared to drive over to Brackley to get it! If the worst comes to the worst we'll hire a van and take it to the tip, but it seems such a waste and we don't have any time left to mess about.

Anyway, to cheer myself up I ordered a chart from here - http://www.amonamipierre.net/amapshop/achat/index.php?catid=41 I can't post a pic because the site doesn't allow you to save images, but if you scroll down it's the one called Accessoires Quaker AMAP. I'm getting the bug to stitch stitching accessories again :)

Today was quite nice - my sister came up with my baby nephew Lucas, who's now 7 months old and an absolutely delightful little chap - so happy and smiley. We all went out to lunch, and I feel a bit sad because I won't see them again until Christmas when they're flying out to Aus for a visit.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Hi Gill. I found your blog a couple of days ago - no idea why I haven't read it before! Just wanted to say I hope the move goes really well. We moved from the UK to NZ a couple of years ago, so I know what it's like getting ready to go and saying goodbye :)

Oh, and that AMAP Quaker Accessory set is lovely!

Goldie said...

Congratulations on another beautiful finish, Gill! Did you use regular DMC for this stocking instead of the perle #5? Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly! I look forward to the HD with FG when you get all settled in!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing the stocking Gill, I hope your head's feeling better now

Jenn said...

Gill Peter's Stocking looks so nice. My feet are tapping under the desk for you. :)

I hope everything goes ok with your move.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your HD!!
This is such a pretty design, I'm sure it will look great once you finish it

Singular Stitches said...

How awesome!!!! Dance Happy, girl!!! :o)