Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hello from Downunder!

Hi everyone! Just a quick update to let you know I haven't dropped off the face of the planet. The trip was pretty uneventful and we're currently living in a furnished holiday house until all our stuff arrives in a few weeks - which means I'm temporarily back to dial-up....aaarrrgh! LOL. We've been insanely busy for the last couple of weeks, you wouldn't believe how much stuff there is to do when you move around the world! The kids have started school, we've bought a car (and got our Aussie driving licences!) but the first thing Pete did when we arrived was buy a big, 42 inch plasma TV and a lounge suite - men eh? LOL The house we're staying in is great - it has a big balcony round 2 sides with a view of Tuggerah Lake, and the Pacific Ocean is only about 300 yards away too! I've taken to having my morning cuppa on the balcony watching the Rainbow Lorikeets in the trees by the house. I've taken some pics but they're going to have to wait until I get Broadband back! ;o)I had a huge mound of stash waiting for me when I got here too, I'll have to take some pics of all that too to show you!

10 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Glad to hear that you made it there safe and sound. Gosh, buying a plasma tv sounds like something my husband would do LOL.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Rani said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see all your stash pictures. =)

Jenn said...

Glad to hear your trip went smoothly. Sitting out on the porch in the morning sounds so nice. :) Can't wait to see the pictures of your stash.

Autumn said...

I'm glad you made it there safe. Sounds like you're staying in a wonderful place. I wish I got home and found a huge pile of stash waiting for me! LOL

Heather said...

Hey welcome back. Your home sounds idyllic.

Singular Stitches said...

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Nicki said...

Glad you got there safely! Did you get to Melbourne for the weekend?

Guess what my DH bought as soon as we moved to NZ - a big widescreen TV! LOL!

Yany said...

Is great to read you again Gill, I can't wait to see your pics!!

Sam said...

Glad all is going well, looking forward to seeing some piccies soon! :o)

Lisa (Froggyhead) said...

I think I found your blog while you were in transit. :) Glad you made it safely!