Sunday, April 09, 2006

It does my soul good to live by the ocean again. Although the view from my house is of Tuggerah Lake, not the sea, I live close enough that I can lie in bed at night and hear the waves crashing against the shore. We went for a walk this afternoon along Shelly Beach. There were some big seas today and the water was closed to swimmers, but it was lovely to just stroll along the edge and let the warm Pacific waters wash over my toes. It's good to be home.

I get my kitty Claude back on Friday! The bad news is that because it's Good Friday the quarantine station is only open for collections between 10 and 10.30, which is a very narrow opening considering how far we have to drive! And we have to collect him on the designated day too so it's not as if I can juggle it a bit. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the old fella again.

6 comments:

artystitches said...

I would love to live by the sea! i rarely see it living in London,UK

Heather said...

It sounds lovely to be able to walk in lovely sunshine along the waters edge.

Hope you get there in time to get your kitty back.

Scully said...

Awww Gill. I hope you getClaude back safe and well. I would hate to have to leave Bunny for so long. In factI wouldn't have been able to take bunny with me to Aus would I?
I have to leave her for four days tomorrow and I am desperate about it!
I am so envious of your sunny days. Glad to hear that you feel so good to be back home tho.

Singular Stitches said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad to read that Claude will be joining you soon!!!

Lorna said...

I am envious! It sounds wonderful. Good luck for your reunion with Claude. Are you going to aim to get there early to make sure? :)

Kimmie said...

Sounds like a beautiful place!!!!!