Saturday, May 20, 2006

In the immortal words of The King, 'I'm all shook up'....we've just had an accident in the car. Thankfully no-one was hurt, just a bit of damage to our lovely new car. We'd been to the mall and were just turning into our driveway when someone tried to overtake us on the inside, and ploughed straight into our front wing. He was ranting and raving, saying that Pete hadn't indicated (er, well what's that flashing light then?). He kept losing his rag and then trying to calm down again, but when we got closer we could smell alcohol very strongly. At that point I went indoors to call the police, I was so shaky I couldn't even remember my house number when they asked for it and I had to ask Louise, but by the time the police arrived the guy had gone. The cops have gone off to track him down by the details he gave us (if they're genuine!) I just hope he doesn't get vindictive because we called the cops!

Edited to add - the police phoned this evening to say they'd pulled the guy in to question him, because he's a disqualified driver and shouldn't have been on the road in the first place! No wonder he was panicking!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

That must have been scary Gill! Glad you are okay.

Singular Stitches said...

I'm so glad no one was hurt!

Heather said...

Oh boy that must have been pretty scary for you, but at least you weren't hurt and that's the main thing.